Wednesday, July 7, 2010

***** Purity.

WARNING: Explicit content below. Read at your own risk.

I've been placed in a peculiar position. I met a man not long ago who has been separated from his wife for about six months. Let's call him Mike-san, shall we (Japanese titles, ftw!)? Mike-san and his wife both have their issues, and during this time of seperation there was some adultery on both sides . . . but that's not the point. They've been trying to work things out and he WANTS to, especially for the sake of his children. So we've been talking about the situation on and off and I've been given the opportunity to speak Elyon's truth into him.

Though he has been walking in the dark for a bit, he's a believer; he still knows who his help comes from and remembers who has gotten him through his darkest days, but like all of us . . . occasionally he needs reminding. To many of us that comes wack-a-mole style, but he lucked out. This guy isn't a tame "Christian", though. Tattooed, did jail time, and looks like he could crush me. O_O

He's raw.

For some reason that is beyond me, he looks to me for advice and actually listens to what I have to say. Why? I don't really know. I never approached him and told him that I'm a Christian; I never condemned him for wanting to have sex (come on, everyone [sane] wants to have sex). So what did I do? I listened. Mike-san told me something the other day that shocked me. He said that he envies me, so of course I asked him why. He has slept with so many women that he doesn't remember their names or faces, nor can he recall how many times he's had sex. Now,  I've never told this cat that I'm a virgin, but apparently he just KNEW.

He told me this: "People may try to fuck with you an' tell ya give in, but don't do it. Stay like you are and do you. HOLD to your beliefs. Neva let 'em tell ya' shit."

In helping Mike-san I've probably helped myself more than him! In case you were wondering what the title is, let me tell you . . .

Enjoy Purity.

2 comments:

  1. The only reason this man will open up to you and talk to you is because you have not and don't judge him. So often we don't have to 'say' much of anything.... And yes, God is great like this; when we are not looking for a lesson or a blessing for ourselves, we are open to receive one or both. Thanks for sharing.... Margo
    BTW, I am posting as "anonymous" because I don't think I have any of the other types of accounts set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with anonymous Margo! I also think it's evident to those around you that you spend time with God. He has/is making a difference in you daily. People are hungry for that, especially since you aren't trying to force feed them but simply eating in front of them. It's hard not to be hungry when you see someone else enjoying "good food".

    ReplyDelete