Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Medoly of Words

I love music. It helps me keep my sanity when I feel like I'm alone. I don't just mean listening to it, but creating it. It's a mystery t0 me: how can something contain the ugly truth and yet still be so beautiful? Lies, hatred, anger, pain, sorrow, envy . . . music is one of the few places that can bear them all. It shapes them into a cure instead of the poison that they are.

It's an outlet for everything that's building up. I can talk to God and play at the same time, or even worship while I play. It doesn't get much better than that. It's a venue for introspection like no other. Incomparable. It's a marriage of writing and sound.

Here's a piece of introspection that I found inspiring. Explicit language!

Rafael Casal - 'Ego' from Chris Wiggles on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment